Saturday, November 26, 2011

Gear Box UpgrAdE FroM 4 SpEeD to 6 SpEeD


Atlast i decided to upgrade my gear box from 4 speed (3+1) to 6 speed (5+1). since my gear box is too old and the gear is slipping. i went near Maniyettan,senior mechanic. He adviced me to exchange my old gear box with tata sumo gear box. i went near to the famous scrap dealer in thrissur named Sunnyettan. He got acres of land containing scrap. Its really owesome place. All vehicle parts is available there.

I went to buy the gear box with my friend Saril. Bought it and gave it to Maniyettan. 






My Old Gear Box








Crank case and gear box taken out
My New 6 SpeeD Tata Sumo Gear Box 




Codriver platform got fully rusted..so bought new japan steel left side platform...here's the pics...


















Maniyettan and Prince working on my jeep.......

Maniyettan and Prince

















Rajeevan chetan busy with his patch work

Some of the modded jeeps in Maniyettans Garage....








6 comments:

  1. when i bought my cj 4x4,,had a sumo 5+1 gear box and it was giving me a lot of problems.so i replaced it with a mahindra heavy duty 4+1 but it sucks.no speed now.
    by 47

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude listen, Your cj 500 is a 4x4 so when u changed it to sumo gear box.
    does the 4x4 gear work??/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir what will be price of 6speed gearbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Jeep Wrangler now has a roof rack and a pair of all-terrain tires mounted, making it ready for any adventure! Accessories for Jeeps genuinely improve functionality and style.
    Jeep Accessories

    ReplyDelete